This plugin has been superceded by the SignChestShop plugin. Please use that one from now on as it is more versatile and easier to use.
Selling Items Using ChestShop
Wanna make some extra cash? Are your jobs just not cutting it? Got lots of extra stuff laying around you just don't need? Then this guide is for you!
There are 4 things you need to make a chestshop:
1. One or Two Chests (Trap Chests Also Work)
2. Two Signs (One for the shop & one to lock your chest
3. The item(s) you want to sell.
place your chests like the ones shown below:
The sign on the chest is used by a plug-in called lockette (info Here). The first line should say [Private] the second line should say your username.
The Sign above the chest is for your shop. This is the information that should be on the sign:
Line 1: Nothing, leave it Blank, your username will be added automatically.
Line 2: The amount of items you want to buy/sell at one time (Quantity)
Line 3: The Buy/Sell Price, if you want to Sell the Quantity for 5000 & buy it for 2500 the line should be B 5000:2500 S ... If you only want to Sell the Item, the line should be B 5000
Line 4: The Item ID, You can get this information by typing "/iteminfo" into the chat box (this also works for selling enchanted Items. If the Item has additional data such as 403:4 always use # instead of : (403#4). You can also hold down the F3 key then press H to shown the item ID when you hoover over it with your mouse (this does not work with SpoutCraft!)
Now all you need to do is add the items you want to sell to the chest & you're ready to become a businessman
- If you are selling enchanted items, Make sure to label your chests with an additional sign! Also, make sure they are labeled correctly. The use of /iteminfo is a privilege & it can be taken away from you very easily.
- There is a player marketplace at "/warp market" where you can buy & sell items. You are only allowed 6 spots, so choose your items carefully!
- To buy an item from a shop use the "Place Block" Button (normally right-click). To sell an item use the "Attack" Button (normally left-click).
If anyone has additional information they would like me to add, or if anyone has any questions, post them below